The 18th European Finite Element Fair is rescheduled to
September 10 — 11, 2021 (Friday 13:30 — Saturday 16:30)
Inria Paris, 2 rue Simone Iff, 75012 Paris
It will take place in a hybrid format form. (Paris time GMT+2)
Participation and registration
Open for participation, no workshop fee. Registration via e-mail to email@example.com is compulsory. Please state your name and institution and indicate whether you plan to attend (A) in person or (B) online. Changes from (A) to (B) are possible at any time, but changes from (B) to (A) are handled on a first come, first served basis and are limited by the capacity of the auditorium according to limitations applicable at the moment of the workshop. Registration also provides access to coffee breaks. Please also indicate whether you plan to give a presentation. Deadline: September 08, 2021, 8:00.
The time for each speaker will be 12 minutes, split into 10 minutes for the talk and 2 minutes for the discussion & switching to the next speaker.
Friday, September 10
13:30 – 14:00 Welcome of the onsite participants
14:00 – 16:00 Session 1
|14:00 to 14:12||Welcome address|
|14:12 to 14:24||Garegnani Giacomo||École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne||Switzerland|
|14:24 to 14:36||Ornela Mulita||Humboldt University of Berlin||Germany|
|14:36 to 14:48||Guillaume Delay||Sorbonne University||France|
|14:48 to 15:00||Fleurianne Bertrand||University of Twente||Netherlands|
|15:00 to 15:12||Gabriel Barrenechea||University of Strathclyde||UK|
|15:12 to 15:24||Ilaria Fontana||University of Montpellier||France|
|15:24 to 15:36||Lucia Gastaldi||University of Brescia||Italy|
|15:36 to 15:48||Théophile Chaumont-Frelet||Inria, Sophia Antipolis||France|
16:00 – 16:30 Coffee break
16:30 – 18:30 Session 2
|16:30 to 16:42||Ani Miraçi||Technical University of Vienna||Austria|
|16:42 to 16:54||Francesca Bonizzoni||University of Augsburg||Germany|
|16:54 to 17:06||Kaibo Hu||University of Oxford||UK|
|17:06 to 17:18||Andrea Cangiani||SISSA, Trieste||Italy|
|17:18 to 17:30||Tabea Tscherpel||Bielefeld University||Germany|
|17:30 to 17:42||José Morales||The University of Texas at San Antonio||USA|
|17:42 to 17:54||Paul Stocker||University of Gottingen||Germany|
|17:54 to 18:06||Vanessa Lleras||University of Montpellier||France|
|18:06 to 18:18||Zhaonan Dong||Inria, Paris||France|
19:30 Conference dinner at L’Alchimiste: 181 Rue de Charenton, 75012 Paris
Saturday, September 11
9:30 – 10:00 Welcome coffee
10:00 – 12:00 Session 3
|10:00 to 10:12||Arbaz Khan||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||India|
|10:12 to 10:24||Emmanuil Georgoulis||University of Leicester & NTUA||UK/Greece|
|10:24 to 10:36||Vladislav Olkhovskiy||Friedrich Schiller University||Germany|
|10:36 to 10:48||Lina Zhao||City University of Hong Kong||China|
|10:48 to 11:00||Erik Burman||University College London||UK|
|11:00 to 11:12||Anna Khripunova Balci||Bielefeld University||Germany|
|11:12 to 11:24||Koondanibha Mitra||Radboud University||Netherlands|
|11:24 to 11:36||Géraldine Pichot||Inria Paris||France|
|11:36 to 11:48||Jan Papež||Czech Academy of Sciences||Czech Republic|
12:00 – 14:00 Lunch (some possibilities are listed at https://efef2020.inria.fr/restaurants/)
14:00 – 16:00 Session 4
|14:00 to 14:12||Thomas Wick||Leibniz University Hannover & Ecole Polytechnique||Germany/France|
|14:12 to 14:24||Axel Modave||CNRS – ENSTA Paris||France|
|14:24 to 14:36||Michał Wichrowski||University of Heidelberg||Germany|
|14:36 to 14:48||André Harnist||University of Montpellier||France|
|14:48 to 15:00||Henry von Wahl||Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg||Germany|
|15:00 to 15:12||Antti Hannukainen||Aalto University||Finland|
|15:12 to 15:24||Carsten Carstensen||Humboldt University of Berlin||Germany|
|15:24 to 15:36||Henrik Schneider||University of Duisburg-Essen||Germany|
|15:36 to 15:48||Frédéric Marazzato||Louisiana State University||USA|
16:00 Closing remarks
16:00 – 16:30 Farewell coffee
Practical information – online participants
- A zoom link will be sent by e-mail to the registered participants on Friday noon.
- Please mute unless speaking.
- Please raise hand or use chat to ask questions at the end of the talks.
- Please feel free to chat during the coffee breaks.
Practical information – onsite participants
- For details on how to reach Inria Paris, see here; it is situated in the 12th Arrondissement, near Gare de Lyon, near 43 Rue du Charolais.
The workshop will take place in the Jacques-Louis Lions lecture room, ground floor, building C.
- ***Please bring your “sanitary pass”***, i.e. either (1) a confirmation of a completed vaccination; (2) proof of a negative test not older than 72 hours (Antigen or PCR); (3) a result attesting a recovery from Covid-19 (see https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire or https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19).
- ***It is necessary to use a face mask both as a participant and as a speaker.***
- ***Please remember to bring your personal ID***: ID is required to gain access to the Inria building. To enter the building, you can exchange your ID for a visitors’ badge at the reception desk. Your ID will be given back to you once you return the visitors’ badge on leaving the building.
- Eduroam WiFi is available at Inria. It may happen that your devices need a setup. In that case, please see the following PDF.
Last updated: September 11, 2021